Posted to dev@wicket.apache.org by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org> on 2011/10/07 11:49:16 UTC

Velocity leaks file handles to velocity.log

Hi,

I'm checking Wicket 1.5 for file handle leaks and I found that
wicket-velocity leaks a handle to velocity.log.
In our velocity.properties we set 'runtime.log = velocity.log' and
this tells VelocityEngine where to log its stuff, but after undeploy
of wicket-examples I still see velocity.log open (with lsof).
We initialize org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity in
org.apache.wicket.velocity.Initializer.init(Application) but I don't
see any method in org.apache.velocity.app.Velocity that can release
its internals to invoke in in
org.apache.wicket.velocity.Initializer.destroy(Application).

Anyone with more experience with Velocity with idea how to solve this ?

--
Martin Grigorov
jWeekend