Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Alex Grisham <ag...@pivotal.io> on 2019/07/15 17:50:56 UTC

Naming System for Regions - Active Jira Question

Hello everyone,

I’ve recently gotten into the Geode community and have been looking for a good place to start contributing. I found this Jira regarding Duplicate Region names (Geode-6286 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GEODE-6286?jql=project%20=%20GEODE%20AND%20issuetype%20=%20Bug%20AND%20priority%20in%20(Minor,%20Low,%20Trivial)%20AND%20resolution%20=%20Unresolved%20ORDER%20BY%20priority%20ASC,%20updated%20DESC>) and believe this would be a good place for me to start. Currently, creating a region is case sensitive, so that “Region1” is different than “region1”. However, this Jira is proposing that the check on region names not be case sensitive, and only be focused on spelling. Before I begin working on this Jira, I want to check to see if this case sensitive check was purposeful, or if a spelling based check is preferred. I appreciate any clarification.

Thanks!

-Alex

Re: Naming System for Regions - Active Jira Question

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
Sorry, Alex! Pick another :)

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Changing the case sensitivity might break existing users' apps that use
Geode.

--
Mike Stolz
Principal Engineer, Pivotal Cloud Cache