Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org> on 2014/10/16 02:03:16 UTC

what is supported python version for Ambari, from test, build and runtime point of views?

Hi Ambari team,

Do you know what is the supported python version for ambari?
Currently, the commit jenkins job[1] runs with python 2.7 and everything
passes.
I'm trying to use centos6 which the system (default) python version is 2.6,
thus the test fails due to an unsupported unit test method. [2]

Changing the system python is risky since yum depends on the system python.
(correct me if I'm wrong on this) So centos6 is literally not a supported
OS for Ambari build.

Question is
1. Do we support python 2.6 on test, build and runtime so TestAlert.py
should be fixed?
2. Or we don't support python2.6, only python2.7 thus, centos6 is not
supported?

[1] https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Ambari/job/Ambari-trunk-Commit/

[2] Test fails due to unsupported unit test method.
ERROR: test_alert_collector_purge (TestAlerts.TestAlerts)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/tmp/ambari/ambari-agent/src/test/python/ambari_agent/TestAlerts.py", line
259, in test_alert_collector_purge
    self.assertIsNotNone(collector.alerts()[0])
AttributeError: 'TestAlerts' object has no attribute 'assertIsNotNone'

Ran 316 tests in 35.389s

FAILED (errors=1)

--
-jun

Re: what is supported python version for Ambari, from test, build and runtime point of views?

Posted by jun aoki <ja...@apache.org>.
Yusaku/Alejandro, thank you for your input. Made a ticket and I will fix it.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-7810

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.

--