Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Amir Eliaz <am...@mailvision.com> on 2008/04/17 13:47:14 UTC

Maven PMD plugin dependency on pmd Jar is out of date

Hello,
   Looking in
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-pmd-plugin/2.3/maven-pmd-plugin-2.3.pom
I found out it depends on pmd-jdk14-4.1.1.jar
Now, this Jar does not contain
net.sourceforge.pmd.rules.basic.AvoidMultipleUnaryOperators
but the plugin implementation is looking for it.
But, if your use pmd-4.2.1.jar (from
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/pmd/pmd/4.2.1)
instead of pmd-jdk14-4.1.1.jar (by manually replacing in ~/.m2/repository),
the class is found and everything works.
So the problem really is a wrong dependency in maven-pmd-plugin-2.3.pom,
which is the latest for this plugin.

FYI
--Amir

Re: Maven PMD plugin dependency on pmd Jar is out of date

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
This is a bug report. It should go into JIRA, not the user or dev list.

Wayne