Posted to user@manifoldcf.apache.org by Roman Šitina <ro...@sitina.cz> on 2015/08/17 20:03:06 UTC

Detailed monitoring of jobs / job stuck

Hello,

I have a ManifoldCF setup based on multiprocess-file-example which is
backed by PostgreSQL.

I have created a connection from Documentum to ElasticSearch with
about 300 000 documents. I was able to crawl several thousand
documents so the connection is working properly.

What I'm not sure about is that when I pause or stop the job and then
run it again it takes a while and it looks like ManifoldCF is doing
nothing (30 minutes). After that time I usually try to restart all
processes.

I looked at all logs - manifoldcf.log, documentum-registry,
documentum-server and DFC itself but I can't find any relevant
information.

Can you help me figuring out what is the best way to monitor progress
of jobs that look to be not progressing?

Thank you very much

Roman