Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "J. Michael McGarr" <jm...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/02 13:10:33 UTC

[m2] Excluding dependencies from the runtime classpath

Hi all,

I have used Maven 1 in my free time and have been trying to migrate my
client to the product as well. I have just started using M2 and like what I
see but I have a few questions, the first of which is, how do I tell M2 to
include a dependency only in the compile scope and not the runtime scope.

The details of the problem are I am building a war, but I do not want
dependecies like the Servlet API to be bundled in the jar, since the
application server will already provide this. Any suggestions? I am assuming
that I have missed something.

Thanks,
Mike