Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Divya <di...@k2associates.com.sg> on 2010/10/28 10:11:44 UTC

generate similar documents

Hi,

I have directory of documents from which I have generated Sequence file
using SequenceFilesFromDirectory and then converted it into vectors
SparseVectorsFromSequenceFiles

Now referring below link to  generate a list of most similar documents

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mahout-user/201007.mbox/%3C4C2E3EED
.6070703@googlemail.com%3E

How can I use RowSimilarityJob to generate list of similar documents  .

<ol>

 * <li>-Dmapred.input.dir=(path): Directory containing a {@link
DistributedRowMatrix} as a

 * SequenceFile<IntWritable,VectorWritable></li>

 * <li>-Dmapred.output.dir=(path): output path where the computations output
should go (a {@link DistributedRowMatrix}

 * stored as a SequenceFile<IntWritable,VectorWritable>)</li>

 * <li>--numberOfColumns: the number of columns in the input matrix</li>

 * <li>--similarityClassname (classname): an implementation of {@link
DistributedVectorSimilarity} used to compute the

 * similarity</li>

 * <li>--maxSimilaritiesPerRow (integer): cap the number of similar rows per
row to this number (100)</li>

 * </ol>

 *

Which argument should I pass numberOfColumns and similarityClassname ?

Regards,

Divya

Re: generate similar documents

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
You have to supply that number, however if you don't use it number in
the similarity computation (only SIMILARITY_LOGLIKELIHOOD uses it) you
can safely ignore it and pass in any number.

--sebastian

Posted by Divya <di...@k2associates.com.sg>.
Hi Sebastian,

Posted by Sebastian Schelter <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Divya,

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.

Grant

On Oct 28, 2010, at 4:11 AM, Divya wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have directory of documents from which I have generated Sequence file
> using SequenceFilesFromDirectory and then converted it into vectors
> SparseVectorsFromSequenceFiles
>
> Now referring below link to  generate a list of most similar documents
>

> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/mahout-user/201007.mbox/%3C4C2E3EED
> .6070703@googlemail.com%3E
>

> How can I use RowSimilarityJob to generate list of similar documents  .
>

> <ol>
>
> * <li>-Dmapred.input.dir=(path): Directory containing a {@link
> DistributedRowMatrix} as a
>
> * SequenceFile<IntWritable,VectorWritable></li>
>
> * <li>-Dmapred.output.dir=(path): output path where the computations output
> should go (a {@link DistributedRowMatrix}
>
> * stored as a SequenceFile<IntWritable,VectorWritable>)</li>
>
> * <li>--numberOfColumns: the number of columns in the input matrix</li>
>
> * <li>--similarityClassname (classname): an implementation of {@link
> DistributedVectorSimilarity} used to compute the
>
> * similarity</li>
>
> * <li>--maxSimilaritiesPerRow (integer): cap the number of similar rows per
> row to this number (100)</li>
>
> * </ol>
>
> *
>

> Which argument should I pass numberOfColumns and similarityClassname ?
>

> Regards,
>
> Divya

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

Search the Lucene ecosystem docs using Solr/Lucene:
http://www.lucidimagination.com/search