Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2016/03/02 17:07:35 UTC

Preparing for 1.1.4 release

Hello devs,

It's that time again, time for another patch release from branch-1.1. There
are ~40 issues committed and another 5 criticals still open. I'll be
reviewing open tickets and *ahem* encouraging their resolution over the
coming days.  Let's aim for first RC published over the weekend.

Since we're holding firm on patch releases as bug-fix only releases, I'd
also like to start moving toward a shorter voting period, bring it down to
72 hours (from 120). Will that be acceptable for the voting PMC?

Thanks a lot,
Nick

Re: Preparing for 1.1.4 release

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com>.
I'll make a go for HBASE-14844 and HBASE-14845. I'll leave them unassigned
until I actually get the time to start work on them, since I'm not certain
I'll have it until this weekend.

--
Sean

Re: Preparing for 1.1.4 release

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Since we're holding firm on patch releases as bug-fix only releases, I'd
> also like to start moving toward a shorter voting period, bring it down to
> 72 hours (from 120). Will that be acceptable for the voting PMC?

Sounds good to me. Thanks Nick

Re: Preparing for 1.1.4 release

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Recently I've also been asking for votes on 0.98 for 'at least 72 hours'
but still suggesting I'll call it in a week. You could try to call the vote
in such a short time but may not get sufficient votes. Sometimes it takes a
few days for votes to start coming in. Would be an interesting experiment
to see how often we hit or miss 72 hour RC votes.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: Preparing for 1.1.4 release

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
Sean is looking close on HBASE-14845, HBASE-14844. Anoop is wrapping
up HBASE-15322.

Enis has a patch for HBASE-15295 but could use some review help.

We're nearly there.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 8:07 AM, Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> wrote:

> Since we're holding firm on patch releases as bug-fix only releases, I'd
> also like to start moving toward a shorter voting period, bring it down to
> 72 hours (from 120). Will that be acceptable for the voting PMC?

Good by me Mighty Nick,
St.Ack