Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rasquinha Mathur <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/06 09:14:43 UTC

Problem using perl bindings for subversion on Win32

Hi

I got the binaries for perl bindings from here :

http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/svn-win32-1.4.3_pl.zip

After installing the bindings when i do 'use SVN::Core' there is no error
but rest all the modules SVN::Fs, SVN::Wc, SVN::Ra throw the error that
_core.dll could not be loaded. I unzipped the binaires and placed them in
c:\perl5.8\sitelib\SVN and c:\perl5.8\sitelib\auto\SVN

perl -e "use SVN::Fs" gives this error:-

'This application failed to start because _Core.dll was not found.
Re-installing  the application may fix the problem'

'Can't load 'C:/perl5.8/site/lib/auto/SVN/_Fs/_Fs.dll' for module SVN::_Fs:
load_file:The specified module could not be found at
C:/perl5.8/lib/DynaLoader.pm line 230.'

Could someone please suggest what could be the problem and the fix for it?

Thanks
Mathur

Re: Problem using perl bindings for subversion on Win32

Posted by Rasquinha Mathur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot!!!

This worked. It seems that loading of SVN::Core isn't automatic.

Thanks

Posted by Juanma Barranquero <le...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/07, Rasquinha Mathur <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I think so. These dll's are present in C:\Program Files\Subversion\bin and
> this folder is in the PATH. Should I go for building the bindings?

Sorry, I know little about perl so I'm not sure what else to look for
-- I've just seen that type of message many times and it usually means
either the dll isn't there, or some dll it depends on can't be found.

DJ

Re: Problem using perl bindings for subversion on Win32

Posted by Rasquinha Mathur <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by "D.J. Heap" <dj...@gmail.com>.