Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Glenn R. Golden" <gg...@umich.edu> on 2002/09/11 18:46:34 UTC

configurable connection pool for database psml service

I want to modify the DatabasePsmlManagerService to take an optional pool
name configuration, and then use that pool name when getting it's
connections to the database.  This would allow us to run the psml
database in a different connection pool or a different database entirely
from other database uses in Jetspeed and the portlets.

I don't know how to specify the pool to use in the peer code - does
anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

- Glenn

RE: configurable connection pool for database psml service

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
Glen,

DBConnection theDBConnection    = Torque.getConnection("mydb") // where
"mydb" is "database.mydb.*" in Torque.properties
Connection theConnection        = theDBConnection.getConnection();

Is this what you're looking for?

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.