Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by darpan desai <da...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/07 08:19:43 UTC

Regarding cxf service endpoint in glassfish

Dear CXF Team,

         I have developed my webservice using apache cxf 2.2.9 framework. It
is working in tomcat 6.0.26. Same service i have deployed in glassfish
3.0.1. It is also working in glassfish. But i am facing one issue in
glassfish which is described below.

   As apache cxf and metro (JAX-WS RI) syntax are similar for developing
webservice, glassfish treats my webservice as a metro (JAX-WS RI) and
creates default service endpoint at
        http://<server>:<port>/<context-root>/<webservice implementation
class>Service?wsdl
But in cxf configuration i have defined that webservice must be generated at
        http://<server>:<port>/<context-root>/ws/<address specified in
jaxws:endpoint>?wsdl
and i have implemented ws-security and ws-message reliability in cxf. So i
don't want other web service endpoint of my existing web service. So how can
i achieve this in glassfish ?

Waiting for your reply

Thanks in advance
Darpan Desai

Re: Regarding cxf service endpoint in glassfish

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Honestly, I'm not sure.   I know WebSphere had a flag or something to have it
not process the @WebService annotation things so CXF would work.   I'm not
sure if GlassFish does or not.

One option that MAY work would be to NOT put an @WebService annotation on the
Impl and configure it completely in the spring <jaxws:endpoint> annotation.
You would need to configure an actual serviceBean (the impl) and then set the
serviceClass attribute to the SEI interface.  Specify both the endpointName
and serviceName attributes.   wsdlLocation as well likely.

That may get around it as no concrete class would have the @WebService
annotation.   Not ideal and I'm not 100% sure CXF will allow it (but I think
it does).

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp