Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Greg Buchanan <gm...@cfl.rr.com> on 2004/06/22 23:41:12 UTC

Error log info

i am trying to diagnose some odd behavior of jetspeed-1 and found this
in the velocity log:

2004-06-22 17:17:58,621 - RHS of #set statement is null. Context will
not be modified. /controls/html/jetspeed-tab.vm [line 36, column 1]

Can anyone explain this to me or point me to documentation which
describes this error. I looked in the file and it is references colors,
skins, etc. Not sure if it's an error or not.

Thanks.

Hello Stijn...JSP problem... not displying

Posted by Maruthi <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hello All,

I tried all the ways during the time to fix it ..but no use...as i told you in the previous mail I could see my portlet preview in the customization pane and when i press save and apply button i am not able to see the portlet..and sometimes i am getting java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException error message.I tried to log-in with Admin,Turbine accounts.For both accounts i am getting the same problem.

I found in the .\jetspeed\WEB-INF\psml\user .....the security seettings for my JSP is like this ::
These were set by Jetspeed I didn't edited these files.....I just chnged the security settings in the jetspeed site as my JSP is hidden.

admin\dafault.psml :: user-view_admin-all
anon\default.psml ::: owner-only
turbine\default.psml ::: user-only

I didn't defined my portlet in the PSML by myself ...as i am not having clear idea how to do this one..is it mandatory to define..?.I couldn't find whats the problem in the log file.I tried to trace the logger.info()...messages but i couldnt find these in    the log file.
Thanks,
Maruthi.

Re: Error log info

Posted by Stijn de Witt <St...@bergland-it.nl>.
It's a Velocity error, someone is trying to #set something = null;

-Stijn

RE: Error log info

Posted by Jeremy Ford <ca...@hotmail.com>.
I do not believe that this is an error.  This is a velocity log message
stating that is not modifying the context due to a statement whose right
hand side is null.  This occurs regularly.  Unless the velocity does not
render correctly, I believe that you can ignore this message.

Jeremy Ford
jford@apache.org