Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/06/06 03:39:01 UTC

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, 31 May 2018 10:57:17 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>

>> I think we KISS it for the next release: let's not worry about
>> multi-module
>> projects. One bite at a time ;-)
>>

> Maybe I'm missing something (Should I have updated the components
> which I maintain in some other way than refer to the newest CP?),
> but are you aware that that recent versions have broken what used
> to work?[1]
> How are we supposed to use CP for multi-modules projects?

Note that you do not have to use our newish release plugin... it works
obviously, but we are still improving it.

Gary

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

> On Jun 5, 2018, at 11:39 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 3:54 PM, Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>
> wrote:
>
>>> On Thu, 31 May 2018 10:57:17 -0600, Gary Gregory wrote:
>>>
>>> [...]
>>>

>>> I think we KISS it for the next release: let's not worry about
>>> multi-module
>>> projects. One bite at a time ;-)
>>>

>> Maybe I'm missing something (Should I have updated the components
>> which I maintain in some other way than refer to the newest CP?),
>> but are you aware that that recent versions have broken what used
>> to work?[1]
>> How are we supposed to use CP for multi-modules projects?
>>

> Note that you do not have to use our newish release plugin... it works
> obviously, but we are still improving it.

I’m also hoping the the japicmp changes I added help us not have the problems we’ve seen. Though, that doesn’t mean that japicmp will work properly, only that including it in the project won’t break us.

-Rob

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jun 15, 2018 at 5:49 PM Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Jun 15, 2018, at 7:10 PM, Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Now that 1.3 is in the VOTE process, I'd like to see the following for
> 1.4:
> >
> > - Post VOTE:
> > -- Perform the equivalent of svnmucc from dist/rev to dist/release
> > -- After the above runs, remove all remaining files and the site from
> > dist/dev
> >

> +1. Now that I’ve got a better bead on the svn-scm-provider it shouldn’t
> be too hard.

Sweet, as this was a pain point with multi-module components.

Gary

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs

Posted by Rob Tompkins <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: [release-plugin] TODOs