Posted to doxia-dev@maven.apache.org by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/03 14:29:34 UTC

Doxia core clean up

Hi,

Several utility classes in Doxia are few used or unused.
org.apache.maven.doxia.util.StringUtil (used only in
XmlWriterXdocSink, which is not maintained)
org.apache.maven.doxia.util.FileUtil (used only in DocBookSink)
org.apache.maven.doxia.util.WrappedException (unused)

I propose to remove them and to use Plexus-utils instead of. It would
be a part of DOXIA-56.

Also, I propose to rename the following package
org.apache.maven.doxia.site.module.manager
org.apache.maven.doxia.module.manager

WDYT?

Vincent

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Vincent Siveton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2007/8/3, Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>:
>> Vincent Siveton wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Several utility classes in Doxia are few used or unused.
>>> org.apache.maven.doxia.util.StringUtil (used only in
>>> XmlWriterXdocSink, which is not maintained)
>>> org.apache.maven.doxia.util.FileUtil (used only in DocBookSink)
>>> org.apache.maven.doxia.util.WrappedException (unused)
>>>
>>> I propose to remove them and to use Plexus-utils instead of. It would
>>> be a part of DOXIA-56.
>> Sounds good to me.
>>
>>> Also, I propose to rename the following package
>>> org.apache.maven.doxia.site.module.manager
>>> org.apache.maven.doxia.module.manager
>> What would be the benefit of that move? The JavaDoc says that it is a
>> hook for doxia site tools, so the package "site" makes sense to me.
>> Perhaps change it to org.apache.maven.doxia.sitetools.module.manager
>> instead?
>
> Typo, I would say o.a.m.doxia.module.SITE.manager. As you said, site
> makes sense.
>
> By convention, all modules use o.a.m.d.module.XXX as package name, and
> several of them implements SiteModule. IMHO the site package should be
> in the module package because it is module specific.
>
> Thoughts?

Yes, that is good.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Vincent Siveton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Several utility classes in Doxia are few used or unused.
> org.apache.maven.doxia.util.StringUtil (used only in
> XmlWriterXdocSink, which is not maintained)
> org.apache.maven.doxia.util.FileUtil (used only in DocBookSink)
> org.apache.maven.doxia.util.WrappedException (unused)
>
> I propose to remove them and to use Plexus-utils instead of. It would
> be a part of DOXIA-56.

Sounds good to me.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Jason,

Any comments?

Cheers,

Vincent

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Vincent Siveton <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Maybe just move them to the main maven space?

- Brett

Re: Doxia core clean up

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Re: Doxia core clean up