Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by flavio mendes rabelo <fm...@pop.com.br> on 2003/10/12 22:49:57 UTC

float ( 0.8 and 0.9 ) struts validator problem

Hi,
I have the following problem.
I need validate the type float.
when i type values equal the 0.8 or 0.9 these values are not considered
float number; but if I type y.8 or y.9 ( y > 0 ) or only .8 or .9 the
validation is ok, the problem is whe I use the format x.8 or x.9 ( x = 0 ).
My struts configuration files is ok.

thanks

Flavio

--
POP. Nem parece internet grátis.

Seja POP você também!
Acesse: http://www.pop.com.br/pop_discador.php e baixe o POPdiscador.

Re: float ( 0.8 and 0.9 ) struts validator problem

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
flavio mendes rabelo wrote:

> Hi,
> I have the following problem.
> I need validate the type float.
> when i type values equal the 0.8 or 0.9 these values are not
> considered  float number; but if I type y.8 or y.9 ( y > 0 ) or only
> .8 or .9 the validation is ok, the problem is whe I use the format x.8
> or x.9 ( x = 0 ). My struts configuration files is ok.
> thanks

This is fixed in the CVS head version of Validator.
The nightly version of Struts uses this version.
It was also fixed in version 1.1.0 of validator released in August,
which at this time is considered an 'Alpha'.
Found at
     http://jakarta.apache.org/~rleland/ValidatorAlpha