Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Pierre Delisle <pi...@sun.com> on 2002/10/21 21:26:31 UTC

Re: [VOTE] modify taglibs common.xml build to put "taglibs-" as jarfilename prefix

Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> I am going through jakarta-taglibs and finding all the places where
> this needs to be changed.  Changing common.xml just changed the creation
> on the taglib jar file.  There are some taglibs that depend on other taglibs
> for their examples, I have had to update their builds also.
>
> A separate issue, should we also change the *.tld names to be for
> example taglibs-request.tld instead of request.tld?

Would be nice to be consistent... +1.

    -- Pierre

Re: [VOTE] modify taglibs common.xml build to put "taglibs-" as jarfilename prefix

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@mail.more.net>.
The jar file MANIFEST.MF has more details on the origin of the jar
and the .tld has information about the origins of the tld.
The only real purpose for adding a prefix is to use a name which
ties the taglib to the Jakarta-Taglibs project and would minimize
name conflicts with other jar files or tld's.

I think the prefix "taglibs-" does that sufficiently.

I'll make the change to the build for generating the .tld files.

Regards,

Glenn

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by Shawn Bayern <ba...@essentially.net>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2002, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Makes sense. +1

+1 for me too.  (The 'taglibs-xxx.tld' names might seem redundant to those
who don't realize 'taglibs' refers to our project name, but that's not a
big deal.)

Shawn

Re: [VOTE] modify taglibs common.xml build to put "taglibs-" as jarfilename prefix

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.