Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Clay McDonald <st...@bateswhite.com> on 2014/01/29 13:53:00 UTC

HDP 2.0 REST API

Hello, I'm attempting to access hdfs from my browser, but when I goto the URL http:// http://dc-bigdata5.bateswhite.com:50070/webhdfs/v1/

I get the following error;

{"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=NULL is not supported"}}

Any ideas???

Thanks,
Clay McDonald
Database Administrator
Bates White, LLC
1300 Eye St, NW, Suite 600 East
Washington, DC 20005
Main: 202.408.6110
Cell: 202.560.4101
Direct: 202.747.5962
Email: clay.mcdonald@bateswhite.com<ma...@bateswhite.com>
This electronic message transmission contains information from Bates White, LLC, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify me by telephone at 202.747.5962 or by electronic mail at clay.mcdonald@bateswhite.com<ma...@bateswhite.com> immediately.

Re: HDP 2.0 REST API

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.
As you can see from the response - you are missing the operation from the
parameters.
See the API docs available:
http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/r1.0.4/webhdfs.html

For an example see the following:

curl -i  " http://dc-bigdata5.bateswhite.com:50070/webhdfs/v1/tmp?op=GETFILESTATUS"

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:53 AM, Clay McDonald <
stuart.mcdonald@bateswhite.com> wrote:

> Hello, I'm attempting to access hdfs from my browser, but when I goto the
> URL http:// http://dc-bigdata5.bateswhite.com:50070/webhdfs/v1/
>

> I get the following error;
>

> {"RemoteException":{"exception":"UnsupportedOperationException","javaClassName":"java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException","message":"op=NULL
> is not supported"}}
>

> Any ideas???
>

> Thanks,
>
> *Clay McDonald*
> Database Administrator
>
> Bates White, LLC
> 1300 Eye St, NW, Suite 600 East
> Washington, DC 20005
> Main: 202.408.6110
> Cell: 202.560.4101
> Direct: 202.747.5962
> Email: clay.mcdonald@bateswhite.com

> This electronic message transmission contains information from Bates
> White, LLC, which may be confidential or privileged. The information is
> intended to be for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
> are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
> distribution, or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
>
> If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify
> me by telephone at 202.747.5962 or by electronic mail at
> clay.mcdonald@bateswhite.com immediately.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: HDP 2.0 REST API

Posted by Larry McCay <lm...@hortonworks.com>.