Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Philip Weaver <ph...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/17 02:42:03 UTC

Location preferences in pyspark?

I believe what I want is the exact functionality provided by
SparkContext.makeRDD in Scala. For each element in the RDD, I want specify
a list of preferred hosts for processing that element.

It looks like this method only exists in Scala, and as far as I can tell
there is no similar functionality available in python. Is this true?

- Philip

Re: Location preferences in pyspark?

Posted by Philip Weaver <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, we decided to try to add the support ourselves :).

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards

Jeff Zhang