Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bryce Fischer <bf...@tampabay.rr.com> on 2001/03/08 15:21:24 UTC

Apache Integration

Hi, new user here.

I have successfully installed Tomcat on my Linux Madrake (7.2)
distribution. I can successfully run all the servlets and JSP pages from
the /examples app that ships with Tomcat if I connect to it directly
(i.e., www.mycomputer.com:8080/examples)

My problem is when I try to access it via Apache. I have included the
mod_jk.conf-auto, put the mod_jk.so into the appropriate directory as
described in the how-tos. I can access the static pages by going to
www.mycomputer.com/examples/ (note that this requires me to put the '/'
at the end of the URL as opposed to accessing directly, which only ran
without it). Whenever I click on a link for a Servlet or JSP, I get a
404.

I am starting Tomcat first and then Apache as the how-to mentioned that
Tomcat updates the mod_jk.conf-auto each time it starts. (I have also
tried it the other way around (starting Apache first) just to see.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

--
Bryce Fischer <vb...@berzerker-soft.com>