Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com> on 2003/06/26 04:13:13 UTC

RE: [users@httpd] Proxy and virtualhost

More details needed...

Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com
Tel. (416) 917-2324
www.GEJ-IT.com
GEJ-IT Networks!

Re: [users@httpd] severe slowdowns under load with many virtualhosts

Posted by dlang <dl...@invendra.net>.
I haven't seen any response to this question, is there any additional info
I need to provide or should I just assume tha apache 2 can't scale to
large machines?

David Lang

Posted by dlang <dl...@invendra.net>.

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.
Make sure that your Vhost container contains the following directives:
<VirtualHost 222.111.333.222>
ServerName yourdomain.com
ServerAlias www.yourdomain.com (this line is not required)
DirectoryRoot /valid/path
ProxyPass / http://192.168.5.50/
ProxyPassReverse / http://192.168.5.50/ (you might need this line as well if
you're being redirected instead of being 'Proxied')
</VirtualHost>

All the best,
Jeff Cohen
Support@GEJ-IT.com