Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sonny Sukumar <ah...@hotmail.com> on 2003/10/08 21:02:40 UTC

Pass sitemap params to "xslt" transformer?

Is there any way to pass *sitemap* parameters to the "xslt" transformer
(TraxTransformer)?  I know there's a "use-request-parameters" option to use
request parameters, but that's not what I want to do.

I want to at least be able to pass in the request URI (e.g. "requestUri" in
"http://www.mysite.com/requestUri?id=12345"), but passing in parameters with
names/values of my choosing from the sitemap would be better.

Thanks for the help,

Sonny

Re: Pass sitemap params to "xslt" transformer?

Posted by Tony Collen <co...@umn.edu>.
Sonny Sukumar wrote:

> Is there any way to pass *sitemap* parameters to the "xslt" transformer
> (TraxTransformer)?  I know there's a "use-request-parameters" option to
> use request parameters, but that's not what I want to do.
>
> I want to at least be able to pass in the request URI (e.g. "requestUri"
> in "http://www.mysite.com/requestUri?id=12345"), but passing in
> parameters with names/values of my choosing from the sitemap would be
> better.

Yes, this is quite easy:

<map:match pattern="*.foo">
   <map:generate src="docs/bar.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="stylesheets/whatever.xsl">
     <map:parameter name="uri" value="{1}"/>
   </map:transform>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

You may also want to check out the requestURI input module, but this is how you would pass sitemap
variables into the XSL.

> Thanks for the help,
>
> Sonny

Regards,