Posted to ftpserver-dev@incubator.apache.org by Atul Gohad <ag...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/30 15:10:54 UTC

Question regarding Upward mobility for Mina and SLF4j with Apache FTP Server.

Hi Niklas / all ,

Just had a question. Will the Apache FTP Server get affected in case we are
using the upward versions of SLF4J v1.4.3 and Mina framework.

I am not so sure on the coupling between Mina and Apache, and the impact
that it might have when we upgrade to higher versions of mina, rather that
the currently bundled 1.0.2? Understand that the SLF4J upward mobility
should be fine, as that is a light weight component, however, let me know if
my understanding is wrong.

Thanks ,
Atul Gohad.

Re: Question regarding Upward mobility for Mina and SLF4j with Apache FTP Server.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Niklas,

I am sorry for the late response first of all...

The only difference between 1.0.x and 1.1.x is Java 5 support, and
that's all.  All minor updates must be backward-compatible with its
previous minor updates.

HTH,
Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: Question regarding Upward mobility for Mina and SLF4j with Apache FTP Server.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.

Posted by Atul Gohad <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hello Niklas,

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Atul Gohad <ag...@gmail.com>.
Hello Niklas / All,

Re: Test using Mina

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Mon, Sep 1, 2008 at 6:59 AM, JhuneRGeronimo <jh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I had run this simple code below for 2 hours and look what happen... Is
> there anybody explain and help me why a simple test like this will hit the
> memory.

You probably meant to send this to users@mina.apache.org. This list is
only for FtpServer related questions.

/niklas

Test using Mina

Posted by JhuneRGeronimo <jh...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I had run this simple code below for 2 hours and look what happen... Is
there anybody explain and help me why a simple test like this will hit the
memory.

my Server :

public class Server2 {

	 ByteBuffer.setUseDirectBuffers(false);
     ByteBuffer.setAllocator(new SimpleByteBufferAllocator());

	int PORT = 8999;
	IoAcceptor acceptor = new SocketAcceptor(2,
Executors.newCachedThreadPool());

	IoServiceConfig cfg = acceptor.getDefaultConfig();
 	TextLineCodecFactory factory = new
TextLineCodecFactory(Charset.forName("UTF-8"));
	factory.setDecoderMaxLineLength(2048);

	cfg.getFilterChain().addLast("codec", new ProtocolCodecFilter(factory));
 	acceptor.bind(new InetSocketAddress(PORT), new ioHandler(), cfg);

	}
}

my Handler

public class ioHandler extends IoHandlerAdapter {
	public void exceptionCaught(IoSession session, Throwable t) throws
Exception {
		t.printStackTrace();
		session.close();
	}

	public void messageReceived(IoSession session, Object msg) throws Exception
{
		String str = msg.toString();
		if( str.trim().equalsIgnoreCase("quit") ) {
			session.close();
			return;
		}
 		Date date = new Date();
 		Thread.sleep(840);
 		for(int i = 0 ;i<1000000; i++ ){
 			Thread.sleep(100);
			session.write("\n
" + i + "\n" );
		}

		WriteFuture sw = session.write( date.toString() );

		System.out.println("Message written...");
	}

	public void sessionCreated(IoSession session) throws Exception {
		System.out.println("Session created...");

		if( session.getTransportType() == TransportType.SOCKET )
			((SocketSessionConfig) session.getConfig() ).setReceiveBufferSize( 2048
);

        session.setIdleTime( IdleStatus.BOTH_IDLE, 10 );
	}
}

result for 2 HOURS...

http://www.nabble.com/file/p19248923/mina.jpg

Re: Question regarding Upward mobility for Mina and SLF4j with Apache FTP Server.

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.