Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mark Pierce <ma...@genasys.es> on 2001/02/20 12:57:16 UTC

Cocoon cooperation

Hello All,

I've been lurking the Batik list for a while hoping to get enough free time to participate in some way. It looks like you're
doing a great job.

I have a question as to whether there is an active link in development between Cocoon and Batik? Or is this question better
directed to the Cocoon list?

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Cocoon cooperation

Posted by Paul Russell <pa...@luminas.co.uk>.
* Mark Pierce (makis@genasys.es) wrote :
> I have a question as to whether there is an active link in development
> between Cocoon and Batik? Or is this question better directed to the
> Cocoon list?

There is to a certain extent; Cocoon2 already uses Batik for all SVG
transcoding, and very nicely it works too. Over and above that, there's
not a lot of crossover, although that's not for any reason other than
the simple fact that as a rule, Batik works, and C2 doesn't have enough
users to really push Batik. Yet.

What kind of link were you considering?

Paul, who's one of the Cocoon developers.
--
Paul Russell
prussell@apache.org