Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Russell Beattie <rb...@mail.com> on 1999/11/20 12:47:00 UTC

JSP Bugs

Hi Everyone,

I found two items that I'd love to help fix if someone would point me in the
right direction. I'm porting over a bunch of JSP scripts I wrote for the
latest version of JRun Pro. I looked around for a bug-list and didn't see
one and these don't seem to be in the TODO files.

My environment is both an NT Server 4.0/Sun JDK 1.2.2 and a Linux RedHat
6.0/IBM JDK 1.1.8.

1) A JSP page won't compile if you don't add a return after the last line of
text. The page returns a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException and fails.
This is similar to a bug that was in an earlier version of JRun.

2) This may be a "feature": The include directives are not "recursive" right
now. For example, in most of my pages, I include a file called nav_top.jsp
(using the <%@ include file="relativeURL" %> format) and in nav_top.jsp
file, I include a variety of other .jsp pages or plain .html pages. The
problem is that the include paths are relative and it fails because the
parser doesn't adjust the paths based on the new file location if an
included page contains additional includes. In JRun, it works fine, but in
Tomcat I have to modify the paths so that they are derived from the root:
"/include/code_main.jsp" for example.

Like I said - if someone can point me to the right files and I'll muck
around and see what I can fix.

Thanks!

-Russ

Russell Beattie - rbeattie@mail.com