Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Simon Matic Langford <si...@pcmsgroup.com> on 2005/05/06 16:49:51 UTC

[m2] bootstrap build from scratch

hi,

I'm trying to do a bootstrap build from latest svn code, and I've
followed the contents of the Readme, and it don't seem to be working:

F:\m2-svn>md m2-latest

F:\m2-svn>md m2-latest\bin

F:\m2-svn>set M2_HOME=f:\m2-svn\m2-latest

F:\m2-svn>set PATH=%M2_HOME%\bin;%PATH%

F:\m2-svn>cd maven\components\trunk

F:\m2-svn\maven\components\trunk>m2-bootstrap-all.bat
        1 file(s) copied.
        at MBoot.run(MBoot.java:157)
        at MBoot.main(MBoot.java:117)
Rebuilding maven2 plugins

ERROR: M2_HOME is set to an invalid directory.
M2_HOME = f:\m2-svn\m2-latest
Please set the M2_HOME variable in your environment to match the
location of the Maven installation

Running integration tests
org/apache/maven/it/Verifier

my maven.properties has the following:

F:\m2-svn\maven\components\trunk>cat "C:\Documents and
Settings\langfors\.m2\maven.properties"
maven.repo.local=c:/Documents and Settings/langfors/.m2/repository

any ideas? apart from the null pointers and errors, it seems to complain
about the location of M2_HOME, yet the readme says to set this to where
you want m2 to be installed.

thanks

simon

The information contained in this e-mail is intended only for the person
or
privileged material. If You are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail,
the use of this information or any disclosure, copying or distribution
is
Prohibited and may be unlawful. If you received this in error, please
contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. The views
expressed in this e-mail may not necessarily be the views of The PCMS
Group
plc and should not be taken as authority to carry out any instruction
contained.

Re: [m2] bootstrap build from scratch

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
It's not required... there was a bug in MBoot I just fixed.

- Brett

Posted by Simon Matic Langford <si...@pcmsgroup.com>.
hi,

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I've just fixed MBoot's error handling. I'll take a look at the batch
file too... it's not exiting on errors. The M2_HOME error is due to
attempting to run M2 when nothing was installed, so the directory
doesn't exist.

Anyway... you are missing <active>true</active> on your "profile" tag
in settings.xml.

Cheers,