Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Johannes.Gutleber@CERN" <Jo...@cern.ch> on 2004/06/03 16:32:00 UTC

Displaying custom log level in Chainsaw v2

Hello,

I'm using Chainsaw v2 ( ) to receive and display
log messages that come from a C++ program (I use
log4cplus 1.0.1 with an inhouse written socket XML
appender).
I use a custom log level (name="CRITICLA", numeric value
40001) in log4cplus in a log statement. The value is
properly embedded in the XML message and sent to
Chainsaw.
Chainsaw does, however, display the log message tagged
with a "DEBUG" level. It seems that Chainsaw doesn't understand
custom log levels without some configuration.
What would I need to do to be able to view custom log
levels in chainsaw?

Thanks loads for any hints!
Johannes