Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Victor Smirnov <vi...@uwc.ru> on 2000/03/31 08:58:28 UTC

question about encoding

Hello!

I've got XML and XSL files in encoding ISO-8859-5.
XML is parsed and XSL is aplied. So evrything is fine,
but the result text is in the form &#....;
This is not a big problem, 'cause modern mail clients and browsers
understand this, but i'd like to have chars in ISO-8859-5
encoding. How can i set the output encoding?
I do hope this is fairly simple and i just miss something.

Thank you in advance for help.

- Victor

p.s. i use xalan 0.20.0. do i need to switch to 1.0.0?

p.p.s. do you need sources or other additional information?