Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Henry <he...@cityweb.co.za> on 2009/08/26 13:33:13 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_disk_cache and caching same content for all users

Hi,

apache 2.2.8

Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of mod_disk_cache:  I'd like
to cache content for ALL users of a website - not just for a single
user and browser.  I've noticed that this is not the case with
different browsers.

For example:

Using Firefox (FF) and browsing to abc.com/index.php?a=1
- caches as expected.
- browsing to the same page with FF serves up the cached page as expected.

Using Chrome and browsing to the same page:  abc.com/index.php?a=1
- does *not* serve up the previously cached page, instead
mod_disk_cache stores a fresh copy for future caching...

Config:
-------
CacheIgnoreNoLastMod On
CacheIgnoreCacheControl On  # for testing
CacheStoreNoStore On
CacheStorePrivate On
CacheIgnoreHeaders Set-Cookie
CacheMaxExpire 86400
CacheLastModifiedFactor 10
CacheDefaultExpire 86400

btw, I've also noticed that abc.com/?a=1 is never cached (ie, missing
the default page: index.php).  Any way to get that to be cached?

Thanks
Henry

Re: [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache and caching same content for all users

Posted by Eric Covener <co...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:33 AM, Henry<he...@cityweb.co.za> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> apache 2.2.8
>
> Maybe I'm not understanding the purpose of mod_disk_cache:  I'd like to
> cache content for ALL users of a website - not just for a single user and
> browser.  I've noticed that this is not the case with different browsers.
>
> For example:
>
> Using Firefox (FF) and browsing to abc.com/index.php?a=1
> - caches as expected.
> - browsing to the same page with FF serves up the cached page as expected.
>
> Using Chrome and browsing to the same page:  abc.com/index.php?a=1
> - does *not* serve up the previously cached page, instead mod_disk_cache
> stores a fresh copy for future caching...

Does your response contain a Vary header?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com