Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@osf.org> on 1996/07/26 21:19:07 UTC

mod_perl-0.76b1

Since the last Apache/Perl announcement (0.70b1), we've moved much closer
to making the embedded interpreter transparent to Perl script authors,
and at the same time, coming in-line with Apache's ExecCGI security policy.

While the package is making it's way around CPAN, it is also available at:
http://www.osf.org/~dougm/apache/mod_perl-0.76b1.tar.gz

>From the Changes file:
------
July 26, 1996

o release 0.76b1

o included Sven Verdoolaege's (experimental) patch for minimal TIEHANDLE
  support, so we can tie *STDOUT, 'print' instead of '$r->print' that is.

o added (experimental) Apache::TieHandle module

o included Chip Salzenberg's FileHandle.pm patch

o added UsersGuide document

o if no PerlHandler is defined we fail with a SERVER_ERROR

o Apache::Registry now checks to make sure uri is not a directory

o applied Apache::Registry patch from Andreas for minor clean-up
  and an extra error check

July 21, 1996

o release 0.75a1

o added Apache::Registry module contributed by
  Andreas Koenig <an...@franz.ww.tu-berlin.de>

o Apache::SSI now checks ExecCGI option before doing an 'exec'

o included patch for mod_alias.c to allow for PerlAlias directive

o added allow_options and is_perlaliased methods to Apache.pm

o added Apache::Options module

o added Apache::Debug module

o applied patch from Andreas Koenig <an...@franz.ww.tu-berlin.de> to
  -fake up a PerlScript if one is not specified
  -ITERATE over PerlModule directive so it will accept multiple modules
  -no longer store request_rec in $Apache::Request

o we now require ExtUtils::Embed as it has been re-named for
  the standard perl distribution as of 5.003_01

July 19, 1996

o release 0.71b1

o added PERL_CCFLAGS to Makefile.tmpl as suggested by
  Lincoln Stein <ls...@genome.wi.mit.edu>

o subroutines no longer need to return '0' for OK status, 200 and 1
  are 'OK' too.

o added 'PerlHandler' as replacement for 'PerlResponse',
  seems like a more appropriate name after Salvador's
  'AddHandler' suggestion

o added item to the handler_rec so we can say 'AddHandler'
  Thanks to Salvador Garcia <so...@cfe.gob.mx>

o fixed bug with storing 'PerlModule's read from srm.conf
  Thanks to Salvador Garcia <so...@cfe.gob.mx> for the spot and helping with the fix

o more Makefile.tmpl fixes from Andreas Koenig <an...@franz.ww.tu-berlin.de>

------

Regards,