Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2013/10/12 18:21:28 UTC

Re: Spelling error in English? who to notify?

On 21/09/2013 Tal Daniel wrote:
> p.s. maybe worthwhile to update Tip 3 for translators, on the website,
> regarding accelerators, for languages with non-Latin character sets:
> http://openoffice.apache.org/translate.html

This is now ported to
http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_AOO_User_Interface
and updated.

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: Spelling error in English? who to notify?

Posted by Tal Daniel <ta...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for tidying-up, Andrea :)

--
טל

Re: Spelling error in English? who to notify?

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 19/10/2013 22:06, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
> Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>> Em 19/10/2013 16:26, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
>>> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_AOO_User_Interface
>>>
>>> (and of course, it's a wiki, so everyone is invited to improve it).
>> thank you for this in-brackets comment. Great reminder that this is a
>> system created by professionals for professionals. Volunteers, Not
>> amateurs like me.
>
> What I wanted to say is simply that we moved all the Pootle and
> translation documentation to
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide
> to give everybody the possibility to edit and improve it.
>
> We definitely welcome your contributions to those pages, Pedro, and we
> welcome that everybody else who is actually involved with translations
> helps in completing and editing the pages. Registration to the wiki is
> open to everybody, don't be shy!

Good morning,
It's not a matter of being shy. I'm just a curious farmer that knows
English and wanted to update the AOO translation. All this, wiki, svn,
subversion, websites, pootle, etc. is new to me. Like I said before, I'm
way above my head. To learn I sometimes have to be annoying and make
mistakes. Sorry.
Regards,
Pedro.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 19/10/2013 16:26, Andrea Pescetti escreveu:
> On 12/10/2013 janI wrote:
>> thx, would it be worth mentioning about english strings either empty or
>> containing a "-", I have at least answered that question a couple of
>> times.
>
> Sure. Done at
> http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Pootle_User_Guide/Translation_AOO_User_Interface
>
> (and of course, it's a wiki, so everyone is invited to improve it).
Hi,

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by janI <ja...@apache.org>.