Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by johnnyisrael <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/03 08:55:12 UTC

Problem while creating Polish supported SOLR artifact creation

Hi,

I am new to do SOLR patching, Can anyone help me to do this?

I am trying to apply this patch [SOLR-2237.patch] to include polish
character support in SOLR.

I did the following steps:

1) svn co -r {2010-11-15} http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk
lucene-dev-trunk

2) cd lucene-dev-trunk

3) wget
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12459598/SOLR-2237.patch

4) patch -p0 -i SOLR-2237.patch --dry-run

(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file
solr/contrib/analysis-extras/src/test/org/apache/solr/analysis/TestStempelPolishStemFilterFactory.java
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file
solr/contrib/analysis-extras/src/java/org/apache/solr/analysis/StempelPolishStemFilterFactory.java
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file
modules/analysis/stempel/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/stempel/StempelStemmer.java
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file
modules/analysis/stempel/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/pl/PolishAnalyzer.java

I believe patch was successfully completed.

5) ant

I got the following compilation errors.

common.compile-core:
    [javac] Compiling 123 source files to
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/build/classes/java
    [javac]
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.java:472:
inconvertible types
    [javac] found   :
org.apache.lucene.search.cache.CachedArrayCreator<capture of ?>
    [javac] required: org.apache.lucene.search.cache.IntValuesCreator
    [javac]       return new FieldComparator.IntComparator(numHits,
(IntValuesCreator)creator, (Integer)missingValue );
    [javac]
^
    [javac]
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.java:475:
inconvertible types
    [javac] found   :
org.apache.lucene.search.cache.CachedArrayCreator<capture of ?>
    [javac] required: org.apache.lucene.search.cache.FloatValuesCreator
    [javac]       return new FieldComparator.FloatComparator(numHits,
(FloatValuesCreator)creator, (Float)missingValue );
    [javac]
^
    [javac]
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.java:478:
inconvertible types
    [javac] found   :
org.apache.lucene.search.cache.CachedArrayCreator<capture of ?>
    [javac] required: org.apache.lucene.search.cache.LongValuesCreator
    [javac]       return new FieldComparator.LongComparator(numHits,
(LongValuesCreator)creator, (Long)missingValue );
    [javac]
^
    [javac]
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.java:481:
inconvertible types
    [javac] found   :
org.apache.lucene.search.cache.CachedArrayCreator<capture of ?>
    [javac] required: org.apache.lucene.search.cache.DoubleValuesCreator
    [javac]       return new FieldComparator.DoubleComparator(numHits,
(DoubleValuesCreator)creator, (Double)missingValue );
    [javac]
^
    [javac]
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.java:484:
inconvertible types
    [javac] found   :
org.apache.lucene.search.cache.CachedArrayCreator<capture of ?>
    [javac] required: org.apache.lucene.search.cache.ByteValuesCreator
    [javac]       return new FieldComparator.ByteComparator(numHits,
(ByteValuesCreator)creator, (Byte)missingValue );
    [javac]
^
    [javac]
/home/test/lucene-dev-trunk-Nov-2010-exported_test/lucene/src/java/org/apache/lucene/search/SortField.java:487:
inconvertible types
    [javac] found   :
org.apache.lucene.search.cache.CachedArrayCreator<capture of ?>
    [javac] required: org.apache.lucene.search.cache.ShortValuesCreator
    [javac]       return new FieldComparator.ShortComparator(numHits,
(ShortValuesCreator)creator, (Short)missingValue );
    [javac]
^
    [javac] 6 errors

Again I tried the following

5) cd solr

6) ant dist

Again I got the same above six error messages. I also tried the checkout the
latest code from lucene trunk, Still I could not able to make it up.

Can anyone provide a solution for this?

It would be really helpful if I get latest polish supported solr war file
readily available.

Thanks,

Johnny

RE: Problem while creating Polish supported SOLR artifact creation

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Johnny,

On 1/3/2011 at 5:56 AM, johnnyisrael wrote:

> I tried with the latest trunk and try tried the command "ant dist", Still
> it is throwing the same 6 errors.
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/

The latest trunk Solr requires minimum Java 1.6 - maybe you're using 1.5?

Do you know about the Solr nightly artifacts hosted on Apache's Hudson instance?:

https://hudson.apache.org/hudson/job/Solr-trunk/ws/checkout/solr/dist/

Steve

RE: Problem while creating Polish supported SOLR artifact creation

Posted by Steven A Rowe <sa...@syr.edu>.
Hi Johnny,

The patch at SOLR-2237 has already been applied to trunk (see the final comment on the issue, where Robert Muir stated that he committed the patch).

So just check out trunk - don't use the "-r {2010-11-15}" option to "svn co".

Good luck,
Steve