Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2016/03/23 21:51:22 UTC

[compress] Need Help With Jenkins Failure

Hi

the Compress build has started failing about a week ago and I can't seem
to figure out why. The log says "compilation failure", but I don't see
any.

I've thrown in a -X for good measure, see

https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons-Compress/66/consoleFull

any ideas?

The first failing build has only changed changes.xml, so I don't believe
in a real compilation problem.

Cheers

        Stefan

Re: [compress] Need Help With Jenkins Failure

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2016-03-24, sebb wrote:

> On 23 March 2016 at 20:51, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Hi

>> the Compress build has started failing about a week ago and I can't seem
>> to figure out why. The log says "compilation failure", but I don't see
>> any.

>> I've thrown in a -X for good measure, see

>> https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons-Compress/66/consoleFull

>> any ideas?

>> The first failing build has only changed changes.xml, so I don't believe
>> in a real compilation problem.

> The latest console output shows:

> ERROR: Could not install JDK_1_5_LATEST__HOME

> Looks like Java 1.5 is not installed on the nodes that have failed.

Yes, I should have updated this thread in the meantime.

I figured out that much and asked for help on builds@a.o.

> These are:
> mac-mini-1
> ubuntu-us1
> jenkins-test-77

I doubt these are the only ones, I had already excluded mac-mini-1 which
triggered the build on jenkins-test-77.

Thanks

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 23 March 2016 at 20:51, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi
>
> the Compress build has started failing about a week ago and I can't seem
> to figure out why. The log says "compilation failure", but I don't see
> any.
>
> I've thrown in a -X for good measure, see
>
> https://builds.apache.org/job/Commons-Compress/66/consoleFull
>
> any ideas?
>
> The first failing build has only changed changes.xml, so I don't believe
> in a real compilation problem.

The latest console output shows:

ERROR: Could not install JDK_1_5_LATEST__HOME

Looks like Java 1.5 is not installed on the nodes that have failed.
These are:
mac-mini-1
ubuntu-us1
jenkins-test-77

So I have excluded these.

Though mac-mini-1 was already excluded - not sure how it managed to
use that node.

The build seems to have got past the compile stage at least

==

It would be nice if the node names were listed in the build history
panel, but one can click on one and then use the Next / Previous
buttons to review them all.