Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Fabian Paul <fp...@apache.org> on 2022/11/10 16:18:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release 1.15.3, release candidate #1

Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the release candidate #1 for the
version 1.15.3, as follows: [ ] +1, Approve the release [ ] -1, Do not
approve the release (please provide specific comments) The complete staging
area is available for your review, which includes: - JIRA release notes
[1], - the official Apache source release and binary convenience releases
to be deployed to dist.apache.org [2], which are signed with the key with
fingerprint 90755B0A184BD9FFD22B6BE19D4F76C84EC11E37 [3], - all artifacts
to be deployed to the Maven Central Repository [4], - source code tag
"release-1.15.3-rc1" [5], - website pull request listing the new release
and adding announcement blog post [6]. The vote will be open for at least
72 hours. It is adopted by majority approval, with at least 3 PMC
affirmative votes.

Best, Fabian
[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12352210
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12351829>
[2] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.15.3-r
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flink/flink-1.15.2-rc2>c1
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/flink/KEYS [4]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1548
<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheflink-1524>
[5] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.15.3-rc
<https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.15.2-rc2>1 [6]
https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/581
<https://github.com/apache/flink-web/pull/566>

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.15.3, release candidate #1

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
Hi Fabian,

Thanks for driving this release. However, according to the how-to-release wiki [1], we should not create a tag named "release-1.15.3" [2] before the vote discussion has passed. This step should only be done when we finalize the release to avoid any unexpected blocker bugs during the release phases.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLINK/Creating+a+Flink+Release
[2] https://github.com/apache/flink/tree/release-1.15.3

Best
Yun Tang
________________________________
Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fabian,

Posted by Matthias Pohl <ma...@aiven.io.INVALID>.

Posted by Sergey Nuyanzin <sn...@gmail.com>.
Hey Fabian,

--
Best regards,
Sergey

Re: [VOTE] Release 1.15.3, release candidate #1

Posted by Danny Cranmer <da...@apache.org>.
Hey Fabian,

Posted by Fabian Paul <fp...@apache.org>.
Hi Sergey,