Posted to user@flume.apache.org by Fangming Du <fd...@oculus360.us> on 2014/06/06 22:40:05 UTC

running flume 1.5 on hadoop 2.2.0 java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.build()

hello,

I'm running flume 1.5 on hadoop 2.2 cluster on amazon emr.

when receiving an avro event and write to hdfs, met the following error

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.google.common.cache.CacheBuilder.build()

I googled a bit and found out some people have this issue with flume 1.4 on
hadoop 2.+ due to the version difference of guava.

But I found out flume 1.5 is using the same version of guava as hadoop 2.2.0

so not sure what else I should try?

Thanks for the help