Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2021/09/09 12:16:58 UTC

[DRAFT] Board Report

Hi all ...

I allmost missed that it was our turn for submitting our report ... here comes ... if I don't see any objections till this evening, I'll post it like this:

The mission of the Apache PLC4X project is creating a set of libraries for
communicating with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) using a
variety of protocols but with a shared API.

## Issues:
There are currently no issues

## Membership Data:
Apache PLC4X was founded 2019-04-17 (2 years ago)
There are currently 19 committers and 12 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 5:3.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Ben Hutcheson on 2020-11-08.
- No new committers. Last addition was Thomas Frost on 2021-05-07.

## Project Activity:
The community has been working hard on preparing the codebase for the next
release. Many different larger initiatives are finally coming to an end and
are being integrated back into the devleopment branch. Currently two votes on
tooling releases are on their way, which are needed to do the big 0.9.0
release.

It's currently conference-time and we have quite a number of PLC4X related
talks accepted at various conferences:
- ApacheCon Asia (2 Talks)
- ApacheCon @Home (2 Talks) (upcomming)
- LF OSS-Summit (1 Talk) (upcomming)
- Eclipse Con (1 Talk) (upcomming)
- IoT Conference (1 Talk) (upcoming)

Version 0.8.0 was released on 2021-01-28

## Community Health:

After a short phase of summer-holiday related low activity we're seeing
increased activity in both commits as well as the mailinglists

AW: [DRAFT] Board Report