Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/05 17:46:16 UTC

Surefire: empty string in systemPropertyVariables?

I recently changed a systemProperties configuration variable to be
systemPropertyVariables.

The old systemProperties element was able to deal with empty strings.  That
is, if you had:

<property>
<name>testDatabasePassword</name>
<value></value>
</property>

...everything worked fine; the test database got an empty string passed to
it.

I changed this to

<testDatabasePassword></testDatabasePassword>

...and mvn -X reports that the system property is being set to null.  Then I
don't see it in the list of system properties handed off to the test.

What would be the proper way to use an empty string here?

Maven 2.2.1, Surefire 2.6

Thanks,
Laird

Re: Surefire: empty string in systemPropertyVariables?

Posted by Laird Nelson <lj...@gmail.com>.
I have determined that Surefire's new systemPropertyVariables stanza cannot
deal with empty strings and have filed an issue together with a reproducible
test case: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/SUREFIRE-649.

Best,
Laird