Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by SuoNayi <su...@163.com> on 2012/12/17 15:10:11 UTC

How to retrieve the maximum id in one core/collection effectively

Hi dear list,

How to retrieve the maximum id in one core/collection effectively?What I only know is to search with sort on the id field but for solr clound there are millions of documents in the core/collection this approach may suffer from the penalty on performance.I do not make sure if the functional query may help or not?

Thanks,

SuoNayi

Re: How to retrieve the maximum id in one core/collection effectively

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Have a look at http://wiki.apache.org/solr/StatsComponent

Otis