Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Wes Wannemacher <we...@wantii.com> on 2009/02/23 03:11:53 UTC

Utilizing Nexus for staging releases

As Paul pointed out, it looks like we should move to Nexus for staging our
releases. As I know there some serious Mavenites with us (Ahem... Wendy,
Don?), I wonder if there are any issues with Struts and it's artifacts. I
admit to not knowing Maven as well as I should. But, there is some information
that provides some good reading here -

http://maven.apache.org/developers/release/releasing.html
http://maven.apache.org/developers/committer-settings.html
http://www.sonatype.com/books/nexus-book/reference/staging.html

It seems, from a brief skim, that using Nexus will allow us to stage releases,
then upon a vote, promote the release via the Nexus Web UI.

The Maven team asks that we have an official vote before moving forward. I
don't intend for this to be the vote thread, just to see if there is any
reason not to go ahead.

-Wes

--

Wes Wannemacher
Author - Struts 2 In Practice

Re: Utilizing Nexus for staging releases

Posted by Rene Gielen <gi...@it-neering.net>.
I would really love to see a solution like Nexus or Artifactory around
for staging and advanced repository management. I went for Artifactory
in my day job, but of course Nexus seems to be the better choice for
Apache infra.