Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Sundeep T <su...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/25 18:42:38 UTC

Possible memory leak with VersionBucket objects

Hello,

We are running our solr 6.4.2 instance on a single node without zookeeper.
So, we are not using solr cloud. We have been ingesting about 50k messages
per second into this instance spread over 4 cores.

When we looked at the heapdump we see that it has there are around 385
million instances of VersionBucket objects taking about 8gb memory. This
number seems to grow based on the number of cores into which we are
ingesting data into.PFA a screen cap of heap recording.

Browsing through the jira list we saw a similar issue -

This issue is recently resolved by Erick. But this issue seems be
specifically tied to SolrCloud mode and Zookeeper. We are not using any of
these.

So, we are thinking this could be another issue. Any one has ideas on what
this could be and if there is a fix for it?

Thanks
Sundeep

Re: Possible memory leak with VersionBucket objects

Posted by Sundeep T <su...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I meant we are "not" running Solr in cloud mode

Posted by Sundeep T <su...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Rowe <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sundeep,