Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Alexandre Rafalovitch <ar...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/25 02:18:53 UTC

Solr Schema API: Deprecation warning for GET operations?

Hello,

I am using Solr 5.5 and getting deprecation warning when hitting with
GET /collection/schema/fieldtypes/name

I am confused. In the SOLR-6594, we deprecated PUT/POST, but
explicitly said that GET is ok.

But if it is ok, why am I getting a warning:
..... "warn":"This API is deprecated"}

Is there a better GET/read API I should be using instead?

Regards,
   Alex.

Re: Solr Schema API: Deprecation warning for GET operations?

Posted by Noble Paul <no...@gmail.com>.
yeah GET should work. The old REST methods served by the restlet
should now be ported over to the SchemaHandler.

I shall open a JIRA and track this

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@odoko.co.uk>.