Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Kevin Verhoeven <Ke...@ds-iq.com> on 2015/12/01 23:08:08 UTC

Drill Installation on HBase RegionServers

On a cluster, do I have to install a drillbit on every RegionServer or can I install a drillbit on a subset of the RegionServers?

Thanks,

Kevin

Re: Drill Installation on HBase RegionServers

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
Drill will take advantage of locality but does not require it. As such, the
more RegionServers the better but even running on zero RegionServers will
work.

The less locality you have, the more load Drill will put on your network
(and the slower data reads will be).

Does that help clarify things?

--
Jacques Nadeau