Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Brad Smith <us...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/22 20:54:18 UTC

Problem with fo:block backgrounds on greyscale printer

Hello all,

I have a document that has notes scattered throughout, which are
presented in little boxes with a light-grey background. The xslfo for
them looks like this:

<fo:block
	background-color="#eeeeee"
	margin="10px"
	padding="10px"
	padding-bottom="5px">

	<fo:block font-weight="bold" >
		Note:
	</fo:block>

	<fo:block>
		Yadda Yadda Yadda
		</fo:block>
</fo:block>

When I print one of these on a color printer, the grey box looks
perfect, but if I print it on a greyscale printer, the box has no
background at all. Is there a more universal way I should be
describing the background than "#eeeeee"?

Thanks!
--Brad

Re: Problem with fo:block backgrounds on greyscale printer

Posted by Brad Smith <us...@gmail.com>.
That seem to have worked. Thanks!

On Mon, Sep 22, 2008 at 3:13 PM, Andreas Delmelle
<an...@telenet.be> wrote:
> On Sep 22, 2008, at 20:54, Brad Smith wrote:
>
> Hi
>>
>> <snip />
>>
>> When I print one of these on a color printer, the grey box looks
>> perfect, but if I print it on a greyscale printer, the box has no
>> background at all. Is there a more universal way I should be
>> describing the background than "#eeeeee"?
>
> You could try something darker, like #DDDDDD or #CCCCCC. Then again, I've
> seen #E4E4E4 used as a company-standard somewhere... May have its reasons.
>
> OTOH, you can also use named colors, like 'lightgray' or 'lightgrey'.
>

> HTH!
>
> Andreas

~ Second Shift: An original, serialized audio adventure ~
 http://www.secondshiftpodcast.com

Re: Problem with fo:block backgrounds on greyscale printer

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.