Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Ribi Roland <Ro...@braunvieh.ch> on 2004/11/15 14:04:55 UTC

ojb 1.0.1 does'nt uses ?

Hi,

Is it correct that ojb 1.0.1 does'nt uses the <connection-pool /> settings
from repository.xml and uses the defaults in OJB.properties instead?

I had the following settings but it did'nt used it:

	    <connection-pool
     	maxActive="500"
		maxIdle="100"
		maxWait="-1"
		whenExhaustedAction="2"
		testOnBorrow="true"
		testOnReturn="true"
		testWhileIdle="true"
		timeBetweenEvictionRunsMillis="5000"
		minEvictableIdleTimeMillis="60000"
		numTestsPerEvictionRun="5"
		validationQuery="SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"/>

I tried many settings and I had always the same Exceptions at a specific
amount of request on my tomcat application. Now I tried to set this settings
in the OJB.properties and it works ...

Is it a bug or a feature?  :)

Roland Ribi

Re: ojb 1.0.1 does'nt uses ?

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Hi Roland,

you have differ between PersistenceBroker pooling (the
PersistenceBrokerFactory pools PB insances) and Connection pooling
(dependent on the used ConnectionFactory implementation connection
pooling could be used). The first one can be configured in
OJB.properties file, the second one in the repository file.

regards,
Armin