Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Ian Kallen <iank@covalent.net>" <ia...@covalent.net> on 2001/08/30 19:28:32 UTC

RE: Tomcat 4.0b7 and struts-example webapp

Does this mean that TC 4.0b7's web.xml parsing is not backwards
compatible to the older webapp format?  This sounds like a bug, not a
feature.  I'm using a webapp that just "runs" dropped into a TC 3.2.x
installation straight out of the struts distribution.

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Thinh Doan wrote:

> I got this same error running under Jrun.  Look into web.xml and make sure
> struts stuff is there (tlds etc..)
>
> T.

cheers,
-Ian

Posted by "Ian Kallen <iank@covalent.net>" <ia...@covalent.net>.
Thanks!  For the record,
mv $CATALINA_HOME/jasper/crimson.jar $CATALINA_HOME/lib/crimson.jar
mv $CATALINA_HOME/jasper/jaxp.jar $CATALINA_HOME/lib/jaxp.jar
seems to have fixed it!
-Ian

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > Does this mean that TC 4.0b7's web.xml parsing is not backwards
> > compatible to the older webapp format?  This sounds like a bug, not a
> > feature.  I'm using a webapp that just "runs" dropped into a TC 3.2.x
> > installation straight out of the struts distribution.
>
> I tried it, and the error is confusing. Actually, the problem is caused
> because there's no XML parser (which is only mentioned in the logs).
>
> After I add one, the app works fine, and the messages are displayed
> correctly (so the properties file gets correctly loaded).
>
> Remy

cheers,
-Ian

Posted by "Ian Kallen <iank@covalent.net>" <ia...@covalent.net>.
Thanks!  For the record,
mv $CATALINA_HOME/jasper/crimson.jar $CATALINA_HOME/lib/crimson.jar
mv $CATALINA_HOME/jasper/jaxp.jar $CATALINA_HOME/lib/jaxp.jar
seems to have fixed it!
-Ian

On Thu, 30 Aug 2001, Remy Maucherat wrote:

> > Does this mean that TC 4.0b7's web.xml parsing is not backwards
> > compatible to the older webapp format?  This sounds like a bug, not a
> > feature.  I'm using a webapp that just "runs" dropped into a TC 3.2.x
> > installation straight out of the struts distribution.
>
> I tried it, and the error is confusing. Actually, the problem is caused
> because there's no XML parser (which is only mentioned in the logs).
>
> After I add one, the app works fine, and the messages are displayed
> correctly (so the properties file gets correctly loaded).
>
> Remy

cheers,
-Ian

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.

Posted by Will Stranathan <wi...@thestranathans.com>.
Get a parser.jar and jaxp.jar and put those in WEB-INF/lib -
Struts doesn't include them, and Tomcat 4 uses a different
classloader.

Optionally, you could put them in /lib.

Will Stranathan