Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Julien CARSIQUE <jc...@nuxeo.com> on 2010/03/12 17:13:04 UTC

maven-deploy-plugin — inconsistent uniqueVersion, upload and download issues

Hello,

I had an issue with Nexus not returning the right artifact, apparently
to be due to presence of both -SNAPSHOT and  artifacts in its
repositories; this seems to be fixed by emptying the snapshot
repositories and re-deploy.
Before the deletion, Maven was always download -SNAPSHOT artifacts, even
if older than -${timestamp} ones.

But, even after I've set <uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>, I still
have those two different behaviors:
http://maven.nuxeo.org/nexus/content/repositories/nuxeo-snapshot/org/nuxeo/ecm/distribution/nuxeo-distribution-dm/5.3.1-SNAPSHOT/
http://maven.in.nuxeo.com/nexus/content/repositories/snapshots/org/nuxeo/ecm/distribution/nuxeo-distribution-dm/5.3.1-SNAPSHOT/

It looks like
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-75 and
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MDEPLOY-46

For http://maven.nuxeo.org/, deployment is done with "mvn clean deploy"
For http://maven.in.nuxeo.com/, deployment is done with either
(depending on the module POM):
- "mvn clean deploy -Pqa"
- "mvn clean deploy -Pqa
-DaltDeploymentRepository=snapshots::default::http://maven.in.nuxeo.com/snapshots"

with the following values for snapshot deployment:
  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <id>qa</id>
      <distributionManagement>
        <snapshotRepository>
          <id>snapshots</id>
          <url>http://maven.in.nuxeo.com/snapshots</url>
          <uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>
        </snapshotRepository>
      </distributionManagement>
    </profile>
  </profiles>
  <distributionManagement>
    <snapshotRepository>
      <id>nuxeo-snapshot</id>

<url>http://maven.nuxeo.org/nexus/content/repositories/nuxeo-snapshot</url>
      <uniqueVersion>true</uniqueVersion>
    </snapshotRepository>
  </distributionManagement>

Is there something better I could do ?
Could you explain the difference between maven.nuxeo.org and
maven.in.nuxeo.com ?
Also, why are there ${timestamp} artifacts in local repositories ? Is
there any reason for not having -SNAPSHOT on client side ?
Is all this effectively due to MDEPLOY-46 and 75 ? Will this be fixed
(last update on August 2007 and March 2008 ?!) or will we have to wait
for Maven 3 being released and align our code on it ?

Best regards,
Julien

--
Julien Carsique, Nuxeo (Paris, France) — jcarsique@nuxeo.com