Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by "Reddy B." <re...@live.fr> on 2019/09/10 11:31:49 UTC

Pay-to-play /Sponsored Features

Hello!

We continue to explore with an open mind the various contributions options before us in an effort to find the optimal intersection between risk management, realism and net value to the community (taking into account our unique institutional realities).

There is one angle I am curious about, it looks like most contributions are predominantly in-kind contributions (for example IBM contributing code), so I am wondering if sponsoring the development of features (by for example making a donation to have them prioritized and finance the development) is compatible with the bylaws of the Couchb project.

There is nothing specific in sight at the minute, this is just to gain a basic understanding and have a more complete overview of the various options available.

Many thanks,

Reddy

Re: Pay-to-play /Sponsored Features

Posted by "Reddy B." <re...@live.fr>.
Hi Jan,

Makes perfect sense, many thanks!

Reddy
Final decisions about inclusion of code developed however lies with this mailing list. So if you pay someone to build something, they can't guarantee that this list accepts that code.

However interacting with the project proactively, like you do now, and working closely towards an inclusion, you can increase chances significantly.

If it is if any interest, my company offers said services. Please get in touch o/

Cheers
Jan
—

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.