Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/16 21:26:53 UTC

Cannot resolve symbol 'OpenIntObjectHashMap'

Guys, using release 0.7 I have this complaint in my IDE(IntelliJ) for
org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.als.FactorizationEvaluator
and org.apache.mahout.cf.taste.hadoop.als.ParallelALSFactorizationJob:

Here's the offending line for both classes:
import org.apache.mahout.math.map.OpenIntObjectHashMap;

Am I missing a build step?  The test for parallel als factorization job
runs fine.

Thanks
Andrew

Re: Cannot resolve symbol 'OpenIntObjectHashMap'

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Nevermind I see this is in the docs

Posted by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>.
It is available in the IDE because it will pick up the Maven project but
you need to bade your project on Maven.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:59 PM, Andrew Musselman <
andrew.musselman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Upgrading to IntelliJ 12 has fixed this prob!

Happy days.

Re: Cannot resolve symbol 'OpenIntObjectHashMap'

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Upgrading to IntelliJ 12 has fixed this prob!

Thanks

On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Andrew Musselman <

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
Get the svn repo from here?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
This still isn't right.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:14 PM, Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Cool, thanks; I fixed it by adding the generated-sources/org directory to
> > the source path..
> >

> That isn't a good fix.  For one thing, you may have a similar problem with
> tests.  And if we add protobuf sorts of things, that will fail as well.

Using "compile" in the Maven tab doesn't do the trick.

> > Still have IntelliJ complaining about a bunch of things in the top-level
> > pom.xml, like hadoop module dependencies not found, maven plugins not
> > found, etc..
> >

> That means that your environment has a problem.
>
> What version of Maven do you have installed?  Did you tell IntelliJ about
> your installation?

Maven 3.0.4, and yes

Re: Cannot resolve symbol 'OpenIntObjectHashMap'

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Andrew Musselman <

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Musselman <an...@gmail.com>.