Posted to user@livy.apache.org by Andras Beni <an...@cloudera.com> on 2020/06/03 17:27:59 UTC

Re: Livy Rest API & Spark-submit exit code

Hi Colin,

Can you tell me more specifically what the fatal error in spark-submit was?
I'd try to reproduce.
As far as I know, the exit code of spark-submit is not really checked in
version 0.6.0 (fixed in LIVY-586). Nonetheless, when spark-submit fails,
the app should transition to "failed" state after
livy.server.yarn.app-lookup-timeout.

Thanks,
Andras