Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Diefenbach Anne <Di...@fgan.de> on 2009/05/11 14:25:54 UTC

WS-Notification outside JBI bus

Hi,

I think I need some help figuring out how to implement a WS-Notification producer and consumer outside the JBI bus. I have a feeling I'm just being particularly dense, but every time I think I have a handle on it, doubts raise their head.

In general, a WS-Notification consumer is just a webservice which can consume application-specific one-way messages either wrapped in a "Notify" message or "raw", right? And a producer would simply be a client to the WS-Notification broker. So in theory, all I would need to do is a) define a WSDL for the Consumer service, b) find the WSDL for the notification broker, c) run wsdl2java for both, d) add application content and have the consumer subscribe to the producer's topic, et voilĂ !

...Does it work that way? What would I have to look out for in creating the consumer's WSDL, does it have to conform to any specifications I am not aware of? Any pitfalls I might run into?

I am aware of the example wsn-http-binding, but I quite simply fail at extending it.

Thank you for any hints,

Anne

P.S.: I am using FUSE ESB 3.3.1.9.