Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matt Raible <li...@raibledesigns.com> on 2004/12/02 22:35:01 UTC

selectManyCheckbox -> hidden fields for some users

I have a requirement to show a group of checkboxes for some users, and
hide them for others.  When they're hidden, I still want to retain the
data - so storing them as hidden fields seems the logical thing to do.

I have this for the users that can edit the checkboxes:

        <h:selectManyCheckbox value="#{userForm.userRoles}" id="userRoles">
            <f:selectItems value="#{userForm.availableRoles}"/>
        </h:selectManyCheckbox>

This works great.  For hidden fields, I'm using:

        <f:verbatim>
            <c:forEach var="role" items="${userForm.userRoles}"
varStatus="status">
                <c:out value="${role}"/><c:if
test="${!status.last}">,</c:if>
                <input type="hidden" name="userForm:userRoles"
value="<c:out value="${role}"/>" />
            </c:forEach>
        </f:verbatim>

While this works, I'd rather not have to wrap it with <f:verbatim> (for
my <h:panelGrid) - is there an easier way to do this?

Thanks,

Matt